Failure To Relaunch.

 Etherfield, I tried, I honestly did try to progress this game. But time and separation are the ruin of big box games. Originally, I played nearly twenty hours of the game before my conscious got the better of me. I needed to paint the miniatures. It took me over 5 months to complete, an Odessey in itself. My interest in painting had flagged as I also decided to clear up all the other outstanding painting projects in the same time period. Yesterday I finally reset (2.0 continuous dream mode) and setup the game. I really should have kept a journal of the weird and wonderful events in the slumber and dream landscape from my original session. lesson learnt number one. Which brings me to the shameful lesson learnt number two. When you crack open a big box and start an advertised fifty hour plus campaign flying solo, then just keep  going. leave it sprawled across a table, a constant reminder of its hunger for your attention, do not even glance at another rulebook or as was my downfall, take something beautiful and try to make it more so with a glossy paint job. Because this act removed me from its beating heart and ultimately time slowed the passion for play and bought it to a standstill. Then upon resumption passion was not rekindled and I found myself stumbling over the flaws in this game. My rose-tinted glasses were put away. Hyperbole aside I put it all back in the box vowing to find the passion again at some later date. Now where are the rulebooks for Oathsworn, Ahh here we go.

The Aptly Named Reaper My Somnambulist Of Choice.

4 Players Fit In A Square, "I Beg To Differ Awaken Realms"

A Game Beautiful To Behold, Alas Beauty Is Not Enough.


Comments