A Great Rendition Of Ghostbusters, But..

I am Jaded, having played the scenarios solo it all seemed a bit flat and repetitive. Scaling up to meet the big baddies seemed a chore rather than fun. I couldn't help comparing this to Zombicide.  I am a fan of simple exciting dice chucker's and came to ghostbusters (2015 version) expecting the same level of play that Zombicide provides. The scenarios are a little the same for solo play, would be good for a weekly amnesic game group though. Maybe not as there is little variety in continually busting ghosts and closing dimensional gates if the difficulty level is all that changes and despite a character's action ability increasing.

I now appreciate the scenario writing for Zombicide where it always felt there was a great deal at stake per game session. So, it's now on the shelf as an occasional random play session game if I get any takers.

 Having said that though this is still a well-made game with great potential. surfing the web recently I came across the Ghostbusters The Board Game Revival site. Seems there are a dedicated bunch of good people who still use Facebook that are breathing life back into this slightly flawed game. They even have a new rule book out that is some 70 pages long. 70 pages, I think I will put the game back on the shelf a bit longer. seems it has gone a bit the other way....




Comments