Paint it

 It takes me ages to paint anything these days. I even had to get people in to paint the outside of the house recently as it has taken us ages to just decide the colour combinations. Not that it mattered we are in bush land anyway so no neighbors will see it. More to protect it from the elements.

I am still painting Etherfields and Super Fantasy Brawl figures plus a handful of Mutant Chronicle figures. Keeping up the enthusiasm is hard when you are a slow painter.

Slowness is a combination of factors, those being chiefly,

1) Retirement syndrome, where there doesn't seem to be a need for haste in anything and your day is filled with a thousand and one diversions.

2) Crap eyesight leads to limited time on task. 

3) I do not copy other people's colour schemes or use exclusively the most popular paint brands. The upshot of which I tend repaint a figure partially or fully two or sometimes three times until it looks right to me. That is the beauty of 1), no haste and the fun of experimentation.

The solution to the ever-growing backlog has been to stop playing games and dedicate that time to preparing and painting. seems to be working as I've put more time into painting than I ever have and am actually completing sets of figures in record time. I found by moving my paint station out of the workshop onto the games room table I am more focused.

I am not complaining as I love all sorts of painting and you can't play games with unpainted figures. To do so is an abhorrence and should certainly be made illegal. Now I can't play games at all because the games table is covered with painting gear. Shrewd move.


Some Of Cthulhu's Relatives Get A Cosmic Paint Job

Painted Book Ends?


They only have to look good for tabletop game immersion.

Comments