Fueled By Lovecraft

I found the stories H P Lovecraft in the mid 70's while scouring the local secondhand book shops. He was always in print in paperback editions throughout that period.

His writing is archaic, and he does tend to spend a lot of time building up the tension. But he delivers a great feeling of dread and my mind filled in the gaps from his vague descriptions of the monstrous.  At The Mountains of Madness is still my favorite. I hope that Del Toro gets to make that one of his movies soon.

So, I naturally gravitate to games based on his Mythos's stories. I enjoyed Cthulhu Death May Die and also Reign of Cthulhu to name my favorites. I am pretty much up for any skirmish RPG that has an elder God being summoned as its core premise.   

His vague descriptions of Monsters also had a huge influence on me in my love for the whole monster genre. Thank goodness he got to Guillermo Del Toro and Mike Mignola at a young age as well.


An Elder Being Is Summoned.
More Elder Beings

Not An Obsession Just Lore Unto Itself.

Comments