Dollar Shop Goodness.


The dollar shop has been good to me over the years. Particularly during the periods disposable income dried up. They were always stocked with plastic bags of toy figure goodness. these bags let my imagination play over what I would possibly create in using them. All of the Elven Queens golden army came from the aisles of this Isle of plastic wonderment. All of my cardboard dungeon figures came from here as well. I created games for hunting tigers with safari figures complete with native guides. The wild west was just that when you look at some of my painting of the dollar shop native Americans. Then there were the almost flat aliens and robots that probably started life long ago as cereal box giveaways that were then scaled up to 54mm. I went through a phase where I thought I could paint the cowboys in the manner of a Frederick Remmington painting. I do remember thinking it was best if the results were boxed up and consigned to workshop storage. I still don't think I am ready to confront them yet. I mean what could I possibly say to them......

The Usual Suspects.


It's good to be Chief

Spacemen and Alien semi flats.