Crossfire Ninja Shuriken

There was a time you couldn't move in one of my skirmish games without tripping over a Ninja. But they just don't have the cache they used to. Maybe it was all that Asian cinema I was absorbing at the time. Stealth games are fun. How far can I go in my mission without being detected. Thats the thrilling attraction. Hidden movement in 2 plus player games is difficult to do effectively. Tabletops need to be cluttered with objects to move to and from. The best adaptions I have played use the WW2 Crossfire movement rule whereby each move is from terrain piece to terrain piece where a % chance basis of being seen is calculated based on density of the cover crossed. A simple table for this can be drawn up at commencement. My ninjas have had about a 50/50 chance of completing their missions and most of them involve taking down the guards first. Like everything it's just luck and some shuriken management in the end. But the luck aspect of stealth games is what keeps the thrill going, I think. Ninjas appear to have had their heyday in the mid 80's if the movie listings of Tubi are anything to go by. Are they ripe for a comeback?


Just The Right Moment For Shuriken Usage.
"Hold Up I Heard Something"

Ninja v Viking, Only In Heroscape.




Comments