SFB The Card Driven Wonder

 I was not a fan of pure card driven board games. I came from a strategy game background by preference and so was used to consulting tables rather than cards for outcomes and abilities. I had never played a game where cards were the sole driver, and where the minis were just markers for range or line of site. That is up until I bought into Super Fantasy Brawl at the retail level as it was cheaper than buying post Kickstarter stuff. People were seeming to enjoy this game and I wanted in. What a marvelous thinking person's strategy brawler this one is. I managed to get an opponent for about four games over the holiday period and each game was a revelation. I can see why lots of tournaments have sprung up as it is easily a contender for competitive championships. Well relatively quick and easy to learn It will take some time to master. When you draft in teams your play style has to change on a per game basis. I will have about 16 champions once I have finished all the painting and so the play styles and tactics will change almost endlessly. After drifting aimlessly for most of December I am all fired up now for a hobby filled 2023.

Super Fantasy Brawl, The Card Driven Arena spectacle.

Get your Agro On when Brawlers Clash

Hold The Ground, Win The Day.






Comments