Psychedelic Labyrinth.

Half my attraction to games is from colour and form. When I play a game, I want to mentally transport myself into something hyper bright and beautiful. I surround myself with colour at home, but I always want to saturate the senses even further in my leisure time. Counterpoint to this is my near sickness induced reaction to Ikea clad white rooms that make me feel I am in a characterless, sterile void. At best these spaces should be tolerated only as hotel rooms are. Where thousands pass through transitorily. Maybe that's why they are so bland it's to keep people moving on. But that doesn't explain why people voluntarily paint their homes white. Maybe colour blindness is more widespread than is currently known. 

I digress, I recently took out 2016's Silver Tower for a solo spin. I had played this as a campaign with a friend back in 2018 but it bogged down mid period where we spent too much time trying to clear a room that had halted progress. We were too underpowered for that part of the game. We abandoned it. It wasn't till recently that I decided to run it solo. This game is very suited to solo.

Having said all that stuff about colour lack. I was always drawn to this game for its wonderful Astrological crossed with Arabic graphically designed tiles. However, upon placing the miniatures on the board I feel I may have over done it this time and taken psychedelia to the next level. Last time I played this the miniatures were only painted in primary colours. But this is Games Workshop, so everybody always puts that little bit extra into their painting don't they. Since 2018 I have rendered these figures with my normal hyper colour saturated and glossy finishes. They are so colourful that even under magnification it's hard to see where the miniature ends and the board begins. I guess it is possible to go too far on the colour chart. painting the bases metallic blue alleviated this somewhat.

Lesson learned: If your eyes are not bleeding then it's not to colourful, you can't teach me anything.

Blinded acolytes feel their way toward the enemy.

It's not too colourful unless your eyes bleed.
An esthetically pleasing though eye watering game.

Comments