As Etherfields Evolves So Do I.



19 hours in and the mechanics of the game are starting to make sense. I still have no clue what my Avatars purpose here is though. That Avatar has changed three times as well. I am using the V2.0 rules but only one of the suggested game mechanics changes, Power Nap.  Why, well the grind aspect of failed slumbers/dreams started to get me down. I mean this is a dream right, so I actually do my best to prevent a recurring nightmare, such as not eating cheese just before I go to bed. In game then the power nap mechanic makes sense.  Also, if doing the slumber/dream later still does not appeal I can use the continuous dream mode, but this seems like cheating this great sprawling dream crawler of a game.
In addition, I had to cut the board and move the dream board to within easy reach. Also, I added the use of a looking glass as the placed cards are hard to read. I know I could pick them up, but they look so nice when stacked so neatly and I know my ham-fisted short sightedness will mess them up if handling them constantly. You do need to consult them constantly as there is so much going on that you need to be reminded of the cards abilities and penalties to survive this sleep over.
All this is taken in stride because I am enjoying the game and can't wait to get into the next session. I never thought card driven games could be this exciting. 

A looking glass becomes essential.

New layout for ease of tracking


                                                                 Loving the dream puzzles

"we're through the looking glass on this one people"

         
For this slumber I'm the Butcher..... 

                   

Comments