I Can't Win This...


I have played the extermination scenario in Project Elite four times, that's the two board sides  twice and using different combinations of characters on easy and going it solo. I cant come near to winning. The random elements of this game are just stacking against me. I am not making many mistakes tactically and apart from favoring one character over another, which is bound to happen when one player controls more than one character, I just cant get my mojo working. I can only assume that I am drawing excess activating alien monsters in the spawning phase and getting way above normal Alien movement in the action phase.
It looked a lot more winnable on the Utube videos. 
As I am an advanced player, That is advanced in years only not technique, I can guess that I am not rolling nearly fast as them young'uns on Utube during the real time action phase. Maybe that's a factor. More study needed.
I like this game a lot and I am going to win a few eventually but I cant help feeling this game is going to be better served with a second player working co-operatively. You can make time after the spawn phase and before your real-time action phase to discuss with your co-operative buddy the strategy to follow that round. Whereas in solo mode this fails while you are trying to remember what the two characters are going to do and remembering their special abilities and hit dice and roll to hit needed etc. Goodness I hope it isn't just an age thing...
It will be nearer to Christmas before I can get a willing player for this game given the hyper tension generated so for now I will keep going. Statistically I think the worst combinations of the luck elements have been thrown at me already.

                   Akosha and Kara, the best combination of alien monster killers so far.
                                         A well laid out and esthetically pleasing game 

Comments